There are very few charitable organisations that have earned the respect of millions of people worldwide. And, CARE International is one such charitable organisation, which works in more than 87 countries, with a sole aim of eradicating poverty.
Coincidentally, CARE International was the first every charitable organisation I heard about. It was 1993, when I first read about CARE International (and CARE India). In 18 years, I have seen this organisation expanding its horizons with the main aim of eradication of global poverty.
CARE International: Eradicating Poverty
CARE International is a leading humanitarian organisation that fights global poverty. It was established in 1945 as an emergency relief body. But post World War II, CARE sent relief boxes containing food, toys and a ray of hope for the people of Europe.
Since then, the overall aim of CARE International has shifted towards fighting global poverty, and eradicating it using both relief-based and development oriented methods. Every day CARE helps poor women, and their families, improve their lives through its poverty-fighting and disaster-relief programs.
Why CARE International ?
- CARE International aims at working with women to overcome the problem of global poverty.
- It employs more than 12000 people in over 87 countries.
- In addition to handling emergencies, it deals with issues such as – health, education, economic growth, food security, water and women rights.
- It has a dedicated workforce. Once a disaster happens, CARE is usually the first organisation to reach there for help.
- CARE works differently in different countries. It builds on local knowledge to find the basic cause of poverty in different countries, and doesn’t follow “one size fits all” approach.
- CARE International has initiated more than 905 poverty-fighting projects reaching over 80 million people worldwide.
- It also supports the survivors of natural disasters and war by providing them necessary aids
How to Donate?
Out of the total amount of donation it receives, more than 91 percent is spent on supporting CARE International’s programs. With your small, and tax deductible donation, CARE can do the following:
- Sending poor children to school.
- Help local poor people to learn the basic skills to start and grow their own businesses.
- Providing emergency aids in case of natural disasters, or war.
- Providing support to poor women, resulting in upliftment of the entire family (Women generally spend only 10-20 percent of their income, and invest the remaining amount for the betterment of their families).
If you want to help CARE International in removing poverty around the world, improving basic education, preventing the spread of diseases, providing access to clean water, and much more, feel free to donate now.