When you have two very successful websites in a particular field, then the comparisons between them are bound to happen. And same is the case with Twitter and Facebook. Both are very popular social networking websites, which are also the current favorites in social media marketing field.
Facebook and Twitter: Ideal for bringing massive free traffic
Both these tools, bring massive free traffic on your websites, if used well.
To initiate a twitter marketing campaign, you need to have a lot of free twitter followers in your account, to get your promotional message or to retweet your message among their followers.
On the other hand, to promote your website on facebook (free of cost) you need to have a lot of facebook friends, who can like your website’s facebook page, or your website’s group, or with whom you can share your website’s latest information.
Both these websites, if used effectively, can bring massive free traffic on your websites. But still, a lot of people have a view point that they should invest their 100 percent on a single website in order to fully utilize its potential. And that is why, the battle between Facebook and Twitter intensifies a lot.
Facebook Vs. Twitter: Which brings more free traffic?
Before getting to the conclusion, we are going to compare both these websites on the following basis:
1. Ease of use: Twitter is very easy and less confusing to use, because there is just three things about it – attracting free twitter followers, promoting your websites among those followers, and hoping that other twitter followers retweets your promotional message among their followers in order to bring massive free traffic. On the other hand, Facebook is a bit more complex as it includes a lot of sections.
2. Variety of options: Facebook scores big time here as you can share information about your website with your friends, create a facebook page of your website to promote it, create a facebook group of your websites, and you can also promote your website it through facebook ads(though, its a paid method). But twitter, as we discussed above, is simple with very less options.
3. Wide Reach: The number of registered users of facebook are much more than those of Twitter. So, there is no doubt that Facebook has a wider reach in different countries of the world.
4. Usability: Twitter was born to be a social media marketing website. On the other hand, a lot of people still use facebook just for the purpose of interacting with their friends or family. This is one thing, which makes twitter slightly better and effective than Facebook.
5. Use of Media: Twitter allows you to just write a text about your website, in order to bring free traffic on it. On the other hand, in case of facebook you can use – text, audio, and video – to promote your website in a much effective manner.
On the basis of the above discussion, one may go in the favor of Facebook in bringing a lot more free traffic on the websites. But generally, it would be wrong to answer the question because different situations call for different measures. And same is the case with both these websites.
You will find fans of both, facebook and twitter, claiming that their website is the best. But it depends a lot on what resources you have in your hand, in order to find whether you should go for facebook or twitter.
But if you really want your website to be successful, then you should go for both these websites in order to effective promote it and bring massive free traffic on it. Diversity is the most important thing while promoting your website. Unless you have time constraints, I would advice you to go for both these websites. And moreover, using both these ways to promote your website, also results in better search engine ranking of your website.
So, don’t just limit yourself to one website, while bringing free traffic on it. The more channels you can use to market your product/service the more exposure to your target audience you will achieve.