As I have told you in my earlier posts, breakfast is very important for everyone – especially children. They are the ones who need a lot of energy for their daily activities, and thus need to have a proper breakfast. But there is a problem with children, they won’t eat something boring. So we need to make something really delicious for them, which is not just healthy but also looks good.
This dish – Egg in a hole – is known to be as children’s favorite. Plus, its very easy to cook. After all, its a fried egg in a hole in a piece of toast. That’s it. There is nothing more to it.
But, it’s supremely delicious.
Ingredients for Fried Egg in a Hole
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices Bread
- 2 Table Spoon butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half Cup spring onions sliced
- 2 Table Spoon grated cheese
- 4 Thin slices tamato
- A sprig of parsley to garnish.
- Grilled tamato to serve.
Recipe: Fried Eggs in a Hole
- Cut out and discard a circle of bread from the centre of each slice.
- Heat a little butter/olive oil in a frying pan, put a slice of bread in it and break an egg into the hole in the centre.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, spring onions and cheese and top it with a slice of tomato.
- Now, cover and cook till the egg has set, garnish with parsley and serve with grilled tomatoes.